NASPAA, the global standard in public service education, is the membership association for schools of public policy, affairs and administration. NASPAA membership is open to schools around the world that demonstrate a commitment to public service education and training. The association has more than 300 members located in the US and countries around the world.
NASPAA has developed a Courtesy Membership program specifically for public affairs schools and departments who want to send students to compete in the NASPAA Student Competition. This membership is free and valid from your acceptance until March 31, 2017. As a courtesy member, you will enjoy key NASPAA benefits including:
- Opportunity to send students to the NASPAA 2017 Student Simulation Competition
- A temporary subscription to NASPAA’s Journal of Public Affairs Education.
After the courtesy membership has expired, programs are eligible to become full NASPAA members. Full member benefits include:
- Automatic eligibility for future NASPAA Global Simulation Competitions.
- Discounted registration for the NASPAA Annual Conference, and invitations to attend additional members-only meetings.
- Eligibility to apply for accreditation.
- Ability to establish a chapter of the Pi Alpha Alpha global honor society.
- Access to email listservs that connect deans, program directors, faculty, and professional staff at schools of public affairs around the globe.
- Participation in the NASPAA Data Center and surveys, and access to members-only analysis and reports.
- Detailed listing on the school search locator visited by thousands of prospective students each year.
- One copy annually of the NASPAA membership mailing list.
- Opportunity to join NASPAA Sections and serve on Committees and NASPAA governing bodies.
The primary criteria for membership is that the program has established curricula leading to professional graduate degrees in public policy, affairs, or administration. The organizational structure of the degree-granting unit (within a college, a stand-alone school, a department, an institute, etc.) does not impact a membership decision.
Apply for NASPAA Courtesy Membership now!
View more details on NASPAA Full Institutional Membership.