Congratulations on being accepted to participate at the Delaware Valley University School of Graduate and Professional Studies Site Competition on March 3, 2018.
Please continue to check this page for updates.
Your Site Leader:
Tanya Casas, Interim Dean of School of Business and Humanities at Delaware Valley University (DVU), firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below pertinent information about the student networking session on March 2 and travel and lodging. Students please remember to bring your own laptop computers to the competition. Tablets are NOT compatible with the simulation.
March 2 Welcome Reception:
The Friday night reception will be held in the Shapiro Wing of DVU’s Krauskopf Library (700 E Butler Ave, Doylestown, PA 18901) from 6 to 8 PM.Transportation will be provided to and from Homewood Suites hotel on March 3.
TENTATIVE: Competition Day Details (NASPAA-Batten will provide students/site leaders with final schedule in late Jan):
The simulation competition will take place at the TBD at the DVU Campus. Competitors should plan on being at the competition site no later than 8:00 AM for check-in on Saturday, March 3. Breakfast and coffee will be available beginning at 8:00 AM. Welcoming remarks, instructions, and the start of the competition will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Lunch and snacks will also be provided during the competition. Transportation will be provided to and from Homewood Suites hotel on March 3.
The following hotel offers a DVU discounted rate:
- Homewood Suites: 2650 Kelly Road, Warrington, PA 18976
- DVU has reserved 15 rooms with two queen beds in each room. The rooms are reserved for Friday (3/2), Saturday (3/3), and Sunday (3/4). The rate is ($139 + tax) per night, which will be approximately $80 per person sharing a room.
- When you call to reserve our room, the group name is NASPAA student competition
- These are selling out quickly, so please book your rooms ASAP.
Transportation to DVU: Prior to reaching the Doylestown train station, students taking public transit should reach out to Tanya Casas (email@example.com) or Marian Rubin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for transportation.
- From PHL Airport, students can take the train towards Center City, get off at Suburban Station, transfer to Lansdale/Doylestown line, and get off at Delaware Valley University. Prior to reaching the University, Students should reach out to either Marian Rubin (615-589-9999, email@example.com) or Tanya Casas (Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org) for transportation.
- If students are traveling from NYC to Doylestown, they can take a Trans-bridge bus. The Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) is located at 41st Street and 8th Avenue in New York City. The bus arrives at Doylestown train station. Access schedule here.
- Taking a bus from Philadelphia to Doylestown:
- Students can take a train from Airport Terminal A to Jefferson Station. The Philadelphia Bus Station is a 2 minute walk from Jefferson station. From the bus station, students can take a greyhound from Philadelphia to Doylestown.