Congratulations on being accepted to participate at the University of Central Florida School of Public Administration Site Competition on March 3, 2018.
Please continue to check this page for updates.
Your Site Leader:
Christopher Emrich, Associate Professor at the University of Central Florida, Christopher.Emrich@ucf.edu
Your Technical Leader:
Mirtha Bailey, Experiential Learning Coordinator at UCF, email@example.com
Introducing your Site Judges (to be announced shortly!):
Please find below pertinent information about the student networking session on March 2 and travel and lodging. Students please remember to bring your own laptop computers to the competition. Tablets are NOT compatible with the simulation.
March 2 Welcome Reception:
The Friday night reception will be at Bahama Breeze, Orlando-Waterford Lakes, 1200 N. Alafaya Trail, Orlando, Florida, 32828 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM. Students will have the opportunity to explore Orlando nightlife following the event at their own leisure.
TENTATIVE: Competition Day Details (NASPAA-Batten will provide students/site leaders with final schedule in late Jan):
The simulation competition will take place at the TBD at the UCF Campus. Competitors should plan on being at the competition site no later than 8:00 AM for check-in on Saturday, March 3. Breakfast and coffee will be available beginning at 8:00 AM. Welcoming remarks, instructions, and the start of the competition will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Lunch will be provided during the competition.
The following hotels offer a University of Central Florida (UCF) discounted rate:
- Comfort Suites UCF Area/Research Park, 12101, Challenger Parkway, Orlando Fl, 32826 (FREE breakfast, FREE Wi-Fi, suite with one king bed or two queen beds, microwave, and refrigerator). Book at the UCF Friends & Family Rate – phone: (407) 737-7303
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando East/UCF Area, 12000 Collegiate Way, Orlando, FL 32817 (Free Wi-Fi, offer options for king or queen-queen beds, microwave, and refrigerator). Click here to book UCF Friends & Family Rate: phone – (407) 277-7676
- Doubletree by Hilton Orlando East – UCF Area, 12125 High Tech Ave, Orlando, FL 32817.Click here to book: phone – (407) 275-9000
The University of Central Florida College of Health and Public Affairs
University of Central Florida
4364 Scorpius Street
Orlando, FL 32816
The following airports serve the Orlando area:
- Orlando International Airport (MCO), 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827 – Approximately $30 to travel to UCF campus by Lyft or Uber
- Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) – Approximately $20 to travel to UCF campus by Lyft or Uber
The following car rental agencies serve the Orlando area:
- Enterprise Rental Car – https://www.enterprise.com/en/home.html – For Reservations: (855) 266-9565
- National Car Rental – https://www.nationalcar.com/en_US/car-rental/home.html – For Reservations: (877) 222-9058
The entire UCF community looks forward to you joining us in Orlando!